Category Archives: Dancing Divaz
01 Going Round (Dancing Divaz Radio Edit)
02 Going Round (Micky P 7″)
03 Going Round (Dancing Divaz Club Mix)
04 Going Round (UBQ Original Mix)
05 Going Round (MK Dub)
06 Going Round (SDA Club Mix)
INFO > New Yorker D’Bora Lippett was a member of pioneering female rap group Mercedes Ladies before starting a solo career in 1984. House hit “Going Round” from 1995 features mixes from Dancing Divas, Micky P, Marc Kinchen, and SDA.
1995 WEA (UK)
01. Pearls (Hallelujah) (Paul Gotel’s 7″ Radio Edit)
02. Pearls (Hallelujah) (Dancing Divaz 7″ Radio Edit)
03. Pearls (Hallelujah) (Paul Gotel’s Pacha Soundscape Edit)
04. Pearls (Hallelujah) (Dancing Divaz Mix)
05. Pearls (Hallelujah) (8am Terrace Reprise Edit)
06. Pearls (Hallelujah) (After Hours Dub)
INFO > Housed up by producer Peter Rauhofer, this Sade cover was first issued on the German Gig label in 1994. When Warner Music licensed the track for a UK/EU release, Paul Gotel and Dancing Divaz were enlisted to remix the tune. Gotel creates an epic Balearic trance journey, while the Divaz turn out a hands-in-the-air crowd mover. Rauhofer’s ‘After Hours Dub’ rounds out this CD single.
1996 Mercury Records (UK)
02. Surprise (Bizarre Club Mix)
03. Surprise (Illinton’s Suprise Disco Dub)
04. Surprise (Dancing Divaz Club Mix)
05. Surprise (Beat Foundation’s Jack-in-the-Box Mix)
INFO > Bizarre Inc started in 1989 as a collaboration between DJs Dean Meredith and Mark Archer. After a couple of releases, Archer went on to form Nexus 21 and Altern 8 with Chris Peat, while Meredith continued Bizarre Inc as a trio with new members Andy Meecham and Carl Turner. 1991 single “Playing With Knives” was the act’s breakout hit; the addition of vocalist Angie Brown produced the chart topping “I’m Gonna Get You” the following year. The group signed with Some Bizarre in 1996 and released their third album and three singles before calling it quits. Meredith and Meecham still work together as Chicken Lips.
“Not Over Yet”
1995 Perfecto/EastWest (UK)
01. Not Over Yet (Perfecto Edit)
02. Not Over Yet (Perfecto Mix)
03. Not Over Yet (Dancing Divaz Club Mix)
04. Not Over Yet (BT’s Spirit Of Grace)
05. Not Over Yet (BT’s Peyote Dub)
INFO > Paul Oakenfold and Steve Osborne’s most successful studio venture started as State Of Grace in 1993; another act with the same name forced a revised appellation. “Not Over Yet” was the first release (PERF 1) on the second incarnation of Oakenfold’s Perfecto imprint. While Patti Low provided lead vocals on “Not Over Yet”, subsequent releases by Grace feature Dominique Atkins, who also represented the group visually on packaging and in videos. This 1995 reissue adds new mixes by handbag favorites Dancing Divaz and epic maestro Brian Transeau.
“Where Love Lives”
1996 Arista Records/BMG Eurodisc Ltd (EU)
74321 38159 2
01. Where Love Lives (Dancing Divaz ’96 Radio Edit)
02. Where Love Lives (Original 7″ Radio Edit)
03. Where Love Lives (Romanthony’s Hardtronic Vox Mix)
04. Where Love Lives (Classic Mix)
05. Where Love Lives (Dancing Divaz Club Mix)
06. Where Love Lives (Perfecto Mix)
INFO > Following on from the previous post, here’s the tune that topped the list—a house anthem of the highest order. This 1996 reissue features new remixes from Dancing Divaz and Romanthony, along with the original Classic Mix by Frankie Knuckles and David Morales, and Paul Oakenfold and Steve Osborne’s Perfecto Mix.