Category Archives: Bassheads
01 Unity (Future Sound Of London 7″ Edit)
02 Unity (Future Sound Of London 12″ Remix)
03 Unity (Bassheads In The Area)
04 Unity (Future Sound Of London Tuff City)
05 Unity (Bassheads Dub Arena)
INFO > Initially issued in 1991 on the Cardiac label, “Unity” was produced by Robert Manley and Paul Witts. Manley would go on to manage Union City Recordings and subsequently reissue “Unity” in 1992 with new mixes from FSOL and Bassheads.
HELP > Does anyone have the original CD issue on Cardiac Records?
“Is There Anybody Out There?”
1991 Capitol Records (US)
01. Is There Anybody Out There? (Edit) 03:29
02. Is There Anybody Out There? (US Extended) 08:31
03. Non Verbal Communication (Extended) 04:30
INFO > Birkenhead boys Desa and Nick Murphy sampled Afrika Bambaataa’s “Get Up And Dance”, Talking Heads’ “Once In A Lifetime”, and The Osmonds’ “Crazy Horses” into this house hit back in 1991.
NOTE: Due to clearance issues, the Pink Floyd vocal samples were edited out on this US release, creating a unique version. Additionally, “UK” was appended to the group’s name due to the existence of an American band with the same handle.
“Fade To Grey”
1993 Polydor Records (UK)
01. Fade To Grey (Bassheads 7″ Edit) 03:23
02. Fade To Grey (7″ Remix) 03:36
03. Fade To Grey (Original 7″) 03:51
04. Fade To Grey (Bassheads Dub) 07:36
05. Fade To Grey (Bassheads Trance) 07:29
06. Fade To Grey (Subliminal Mix) 05:17
07. Fade To Grey (Wildcat Mix) 07:47
INFO > Led by flamboyant frontman Steve Strange, new romantic supergroup Visage climbed to 8 in the UK charts with their second single, “Fade To Grey” (POSP 194), released in 1980. The group’s biggest hit was remixed to promote the 1993 reissue of a singles collection released a decade earlier. Although then-trendy Bassheads received top billing on this package, the short-lived duo Hypnotic State delivered superior variations on the classic tune.