Category Archives: Aztec Camera
Aztec Camera and Mick Jones
“Good Morning Britain”
1990 Sire Records (US)
01. Good Morning Britain (Album Version)
02. Good Morning Britain (Live)
03. Good Morning Britain (Mendelsohn Single Mix)
04. Good Morning Britain (Morning Acid Mix)
05. Consolation Prize (Live)
06. Good Morning Britain (Hypno-Mix)
07. Good Morning Britain (Hypnomental)
08. Good Morning Britain (Hypno-Edit)
INFO > Roddy Frame collaborated with Mick Jones on this 1990 UK Top 20 single, which sounds decidedly more like Big Audio Dynamite than Aztec Camera. Mick also appears on the live version, and Roddy duets with Edwyn Collins on a cover of Orange Juice’s “Consolation Prize”, both recorded at Glasgow Barrowlands on 4 August 1990. Julian Mendelsohn, Norman Cook, and The Laylow Posse all have a go reworking the track.
Note: The ‘Hypno-Mix’, ‘Hypnomental’, and ‘Hypno-Edit’ mixes correspond to the ‘Kitsch ‘n’ Sync Mix’, ‘Instrumental’, and ‘Vocal Remix’ on the UK 12″ single, and also The Laylow Posse 12″ Remix, Instrumental, and 7″ Remix on the UK promo issue.